Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Fun, Food & Folklore

     Have you ever wanted to learn how to cook in the classic Creole and Cajun style? I mean, to cook up some authentic gumbo or jambalaya, or red beans and rice?  That was my first priority when I arrived in New Orleans last week.  So to learn how to prepare all the iconic "Big Easy" dishes I signed up for a two and a half hour cooking class at the New Orleans School of Cooking.

     They are located right in the French Quarter on St. Louis Street in a renovated molasses warehouse built in the early 19th Century.  And since 1980 they have been instructing visitors and locals alike in the fine art of cultural cooking Southern style.

     I can now prepare bread pudding, shrimp and crab artichoke soup, crawfish etouffee and pralines with the best of them.  And you know the best part of the cooking school? You get to eat what you cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment