Sunday, February 5, 2012

This Week in Food

     Even though Punxutawney Phil purportedly saw his shadow on Groundhog Day this past week the forecast for the coming week is calling for above average temperatures.  So I am planning to cook several meals on the gas grill sitting on my porch.  Now that it is in working order once again (it's a long story) I hope to fire it up and prepare some classic meals on the grill.  Here's what I have in mind after the Super Bowl:

Sunday
Super Bowl Grazing Event
Buffalo Chicken Balls
nachos and homemade salsa
grapes & celery sticks
dips

Monday
Grilled Flat Iron Steak 
Twice Baked Potatoes
Creamed Spinach

Tuesday
Grilled Lamb Burgers
Sweet Potato Fries
Roasted Green Beans

Wednesday
Grilled Kielbasa in Red Sauce
Garlic Linguine
Sliced Apples

Thursday
Chicken & Wild Rice
Steamed Broccoli


     Last week I mentioned the inclusion of squirrel in the Brunswick Stew recipe.  Today I received an e-mail from Cousin Skip in South Carolina touting the virtues of al rodente.  Click on the link to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment