Friday, June 22, 2012

Looking Ahead

     Some new cooking magazines were delivered this week and they made great reading while I attempted to avoid the punishing heat we are currently experiencing.  I am eager to try some of their summer recommendations for light and easy cooking.  So I will intersperse the successful recipes among the remaining posts from my culinary research in New Orleans and hope to provide with you with some ideal ways to beat the heat and still have a healthy and hearty meal.

     So here is my menu planner for the coming week:

Saturday
Dr. Pepper Chicken
Cucumber Mint Salad
Grilled Corn Corn Bread

Sunday
BBQ Shrimp
Herbed Israeli Couscous
Corn on the Cob

Monday
Chicken Bucatini
Spinach Rice

Tuesday
BLTW Salad
Cucumber Melon Salad
Zucchini Bread

Wednesday
Chicken Salad
Scallion Pancakes

Thursday
Turkey Parmesan Burgers
Refried Beans

1 comment:

  1. I like how Wednesday was salad with a side salad... can never be too healthy!

    ReplyDelete