Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Details

     For the life of me yesterday I could not locate the miniature menu that I brought home with me from the Pizza Boutique restaurant.  I wanted to provide the details of our visit there on Easter.  After a more careful search of the house I did come across it, while I was looking for something else.  So for those of you in the region in and around Philadelphia I would recommend you make the trip to 1240 Spring Garden Street to Bufad (budfadpizza.com) to be amazed at their deft and skill with not only a wood fired oven, but also some pretty amazing salads and appetizers.

     Here's what we ordered:

Arugula Salad - Arugula, shaved fennel & fresh herbs tossed in a lemon honey vinaigrette.  Finished with shaved Fiore Sardo & toasted almonds.

Tritato - Fava, cannellini & pole beans with chopped Tuscan salami & Pecorino Toscano.  Tossed in a red wine vinaigrette.

Prawns - Wood fired in a cast iron skillet with white wine, garlic & chilis.  Served with pizza bianca.

and for our entrees, two 12" wood fired neapolitan pizzas:

Margherita - Uncooked San Marzano tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, torn basil & extra virgin olive oil.

Sausage - Spicy Italian fennel sausage, slow cooked tomato sauce, sautéed broccoli rabe & fresh mozzarella.

Vinny note:  I am currently unable to post photographs due to a security problem with Internet Explorer.  If possible I will circumvent that service and use other means.  Your patience, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment