Friday, May 3, 2013

Hooray for Herbs!

     Yesterday I began my annual springtime rituals.  The oversize flower pots that I use to grow my tomatoes and herbs came out of the barn to be reconditioned for a new crop of plantings.  The dried and dead growth from last season will feed the composter and new life will commence anew.  And what to my wondering eyes should appear but signs of life already from the clump of chives that may live for yet another season!

     Herbs are such a wonderful and inexpensive way to perk up everything from flavored butters to vinegar and olive oil.  And of course they can be added to a wide range of foods.   From appetizers to soups and salads, vegetables and the main course, herbs are a welcome addition that livens up anything they touch.

     Now that we seem to be no longer under the threat of frost, I am eager to get my Spring plantings underway!

No comments:

Post a Comment