Wednesday, September 11, 2013

United Nations on Wheels

     I was looking for Andrew Zimmern's food truck on Marquette Street in Mnpls but I found a whole lot more.  There were nearly 2 dozen food trucks lined up on both sides of the street for 4 blocks.  They represented cuisines from all around the globe.  People from all walks of life were happily ordering their lunch from international fare.  Greek, English, Spanish, Thai, Chilean, Indian, Japanese, American and Korean food was available serving up fafalel, empenadas, tacos, burgers, pasties, gyros, tabbouleh, and pulled pork.  There was also a truck in line serving up vegan specialties.

 
     As you might imagine, that made ordering a difficult matter.  After having already enjoyed a cup of AZ Canteen gumbo I carefully reviewed each menu as I joined in the noon time throng.    Eventually, though, I decided to try a seafood empenada and was not disappointed.  The only disappointment was that I could not sample a little from each truck!

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment