Thursday, November 6, 2014

Curing Jet Lag

     Once again I will be on the road in search of culinary information to report to my vast worldwide readership.  This time my travels will be in a longitudinal direction rather than crossing time zones.  I will be heading to The Old Dominion to sample some of the world's finest bivalves at the Urbanna Oyster Festival in the tidewater of Virginia along the Rappahannock River.



     This trip will fortunately not cause any jet lag for me as I will remain in the Eastern Time Zone.  But for those travelers who do fly cross country or internationally, here's a tip I learned to prevent the feeling of being tired at the wrong time.  Eat carbohydrates.  They prompt the release of insulin which helps to reset the body's Circadian cycle.  Scientists suggest eating a carb heavy meal, like pasta, for dinner when flying eastbound.  When flying west load up on carbs at breakfast.







No comments:

Post a Comment