Friday, January 9, 2015

A Bad Idea

     A few weeks ago while I was doing my weekly grocery shopping I came across something new in the fruit and produce section.  Neatly packaged in a plastic 4 pack was something called a Grapple.  Reading the label I discovered that it was a gala apple that had been infused with grape juice.  It sounded like an interesting and creative combination.  After all, what's not to like?  Apples are good: grapes are good.  But the combination was terrible!  The distinct and pleasing flavors of each were violated by the other.



     I couldn't finish more than a single bite!  The remainder of that grapple and the other 3 were soon cut in sections and placed out in the yard for the creatures of the night to consume.  And the next morning I realized that not even the deer would eat such an abomination of nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment