Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Best of the Wurst

     I did find another meal that I singularly enjoy.  There is little else that can compare to a liverwurst sandwich piled high with sweet onions.  And that is what I consumed for lunch on Tuesday.
     And of course the liverwurst of choice is Hatfield, made in the nearby town of the same name.  I must admit that it is an acquired taste, being that it is a soft sausage composed of the liver, heart and kidneys of a pig.  But in a sandwich there is nothing better.  It's a good source of protein, riboflavin and iron and is loaded with Vitamin A, B12 and selenium.  The down side is that it is also high in saturated fat and cholesterol.
     Soon it will be back to the bland routine chore of healthy meals.  But for a week I did delight my palate with food that only I enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment