Monday, April 30, 2012

Early Bird (not so) Special

     My quest to search for authentic Carolina cuisine has hit a major snag.  Our group is taking advantage of off season rates for our rental property and that's a good thing.  But it also means that many of the dining establishments have not yet opened for the tourist season which is still some weeks away.  So for lunch I had my mouth drooling for some Carolina 'Que at a local place called appropriately "Sooey's" but to my chagrin it was closed.  So was a nearby seafood restaurant where I had my heart set on enjoying a fried oyster sandwich.  There was also a takeout fish market around the corner that looked interesting but it, too, had a CLOSED sign on the door.  Ironically the only place open was a Philly Steak Sandwich shop that advertised itself as serving all their menu items on Amoroso rolls.  (See my post from April 2 "A Philly Original").  The other option was a very generic Dairy Queen.
     Our original plan was to go out for dinner on the town, but as we sadly learned the town was not yet open for business.  We then reluctantly ordered out for pizza.  
     So my search for an authentic Carolina meal will continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment