Wednesday, July 31, 2013

In the soup

     It seems that The Duck Soup Inn has changed hands 3 times in less than a year.  That was a cause for concern for me, wondering why such a venerable restaurant on San Juan Island would have such a rapid succession of owners.  So with fear and trepidation I went there for dinner, having made a reservation for the evening of my first full day on the island.



     My fears were for naught, fortunately.  I began with a half dozen wonderfully smoked oysters from nearby Lopez Island that had a tangy poblemo drizzle then moved on to a tomato bisque soup which gave way to a generous portion of Alaskan King Salmon with risotto and roasted figs.  And somehow I also found room to enjoy a garden salad with fresh strawberries and cherries adorning the greens.

 

     The setting, the ambiance, the service and the meal were all excellent.  It was a memorable meal.  My only regret is that it is so far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment