Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Starr Struck in DC

     Stephen Starr is an entrepreneurial genius.  He oversees 20 themed restaurants in Philly and another dozen in New York, New Jersey and Florida.  They include Pan Asian, Italian, Latin, contemporary American, French, steaks & chops, seafood, beer garden and farm to table concepts.  And every one of them is a winner.

     This past weekend I found myself in our nation's capitol and took in his latest venture, a French bistro, Le DiplomateThe Sunday brunch was amazing.  It was just like enjoying a meal in Paris at a table overlooking the Seine.  The menu included everything you would expect from bouillabaisse to bagettes.  All the classic French favorites were on the menu and had it not been raining I could have dined "en plein air" at their outdoor cafe.

     I began my meal with a half dozen assorted oysters on the half shell with an assortment of freshly baked breads from their kitchen.  I followed up with a crock of French onion soup gratinee.  It was magnifcent!



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait until they sell their bread - I will buy it in bulk!

    ReplyDelete