Friday, August 26, 2016

Road Trip, part 3

     


     It was a pleasant drive in and out of the low hanging clouds along Oregon Route 101.  it hugs the coastline with many magnificent photo ops along the way.  It was about mid-afternoon when I arrived in Newport.  The historic commercial fishing port is nestled between the Coast Mountains, Pacific Ocean and the Yaquina Bay.  With a rapidly growing population the working waterfront area is home to shops, art galleries, chowder houses and restaurants.  Among them is Ocean Bleu @ Gino's.




     The scenic indoor/outdoor venue features wild seafood from their own boat and also sells their own in-house smoked fish.  I took in the ambiance as I looked over the menu for an appetizer before dinner.  The shrimp cocktail looked like just the thing for me to sample some of their bounty and so I ordered it with a tall glass of their signature strawberry lemonade.




     It wasn't long before my server had the lemonade to my table outside by the parking lot.  Soon the luscious, succulent shrimp appeared and I thoroughly enjoyed them.  But what left a bad taste in my mouth was the price listed on my bill.  Although I had specifically ordered the shrimp I was billed for prawns, a somewhat larger relative of the shrimp, at nearly twice the price!  After finishing my teaser meal I patiently waited in line at the cash register next to the cooler case of seafood and mentioned to the young woman behind the counter that I was charged for more than I ordered.  Expecting resistance I was relieved when she smiled and replied that she could fix that on the bill.


     For the first time on my Road Trip I was pleased with the outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment