Monday, August 29, 2016

The meal that wasn't

     The final stop on my day long road trip down the Oregon coast on Route 101 was scheduled to be at the Luna Sea Fish House in Yachats.  Even with my GPS loaded with the address I had difficulty finding the place.  I passed it twice.  Suffice it to say that it  did not command an imposing presence in town.  It was in a tiny strip of three or four businesses along the main drag.  

     Once I did finally find it the next challenge was to find parking, which I eventually did.  Supposedly the fish is all very fresh. But I wasn't able to determine that for myself since the line in front of the cooler case totally obscured my view.  The place was already packed full of patrons.  But that didn't require much effort since there were only about 4 or 5 tables.


     I would have waited but looking around I was dismayed that the place had a half made bed look about it.  And it looked dusty in the corners, too.


     So, reluctantly, I headed back to my car and headed back to Portland, a two hour drive.  But it was through some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen.  So it wasn't a total loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment