Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Chowdahead


     I am officially a member of the Chowdahead Club.  Yes, that makes me a Chowdahead, I guess.  I paid my registration fee to attend the annual Great Chowder Cook-Off on June 1st in Newport, Rhode Island.  It is the original and longest running chowder championship in America, held at the Newport Yachting Center on America's Cup Avenue.

     With my admission I will be privileged to sample chowders from all across the country and participate in voting for the best in each of three categories: clam, seafood, and creative.  I can hardly wait! 

     To add to the festive atmosphere there will be live music, a clam bake chow down eating competition and culinary demonstrations.  And if that weren't enough, right next door is a companion event going on, the Newport Oyster Festival.

     Stay tuned for a full report.  After all, it's my culinary duty to give you all a full accounting of my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment