Friday, January 8, 2016

Grounded

     

     After a very interesting tour of President Harry Truman's Little White House one morning I walked across the street to Kelly's.  It is a restaurant of notable repute having been the location where Pam Am Airways got its start selling their first tickets from that building back in 1927. For over 60 years it was the world's largest international carrier.  It is also a known fact that the restaurant is currently owned by Kelly McGillis who had starring roles in the movies Top Gun, Witness and The Accused.        



     Again the inside/outside dining motif was employed as I sat out under the canopy of tall trees, enjoying the delightful afternoon breeze.  

20150427-kellys-details-3028-edit

     The hostess sat me promptly with a smile and handed me the menu.  The lunch menu was tantalizing with items such as Lobster Reuben, Tuscan Stuffed Chicken, and Muffuletta listed.  But unfortunately I never got to order any of it.  After waiting 20 minutes and not seeing a single server pass by I got up and walked out.  I understand the laid back concept of being on island time but there is a distinct difference between being relaxed and being ignored!

Kelly's for lunch:  O


No comments:

Post a Comment