Tuesday, January 12, 2016

North of the Border

     It was nearing 1pm as I strolled down Duval Street, the main drag (no pun intended) in Key West.  I was getting hungry and began to look for a place to have lunch.  Still in my possession was the list of approved eateries given to me on the plane and I noticed that I was very near one of the recommended places.  Amigos served up Mexican fare and it appeared to be pretty successful at doing so.  The place was packed, including the interesting looking porch that had seating along the small shelf attached to the front railing.  So I positioned myself strategically in order to get the first available stool there.  That only took about 15 minutes and I then had a front row seat to watch the passing crowd of tourists go up and down the street.



     From my experience Mexican food can be really good or really bad.  But I was pleased that the fish tacos and refried beans that I ordered were in the first category.  Everything was prepared well, the taco shells fresh and soft and the fish flaky and moist without being soggy.  The garnish was also crisp and not wilted or brown.  The service was prompt and friendly and the price was reasonable.  So far my treasure chest list of restaurants has proven to be 100% accurate!

Lunch at Amigos: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment