Wednesday, January 13, 2016

On the Beach

     I had heard that a restaurant out on Higg's Beach in Key West was owned by the same folks that ran Blue Heaven where I had lobster, shrimp and grits for breakfast one morning.  So I ventured over in search of Salute! and found it just as it was described.  From the menu posted by the entrance I could tell that it was more of a high end kind of place so later that morning I called to make a reservation.



    It's a good thing I did.  When I arrived the place was packed out.  Both the bar and dining areas were filled with patrons.  Even with the crowd it didn't take long for me to be seated at a table with a gorgeous view of the beach and walking trail.



     With all the tantalizing items on the menu it was a difficult decision as to what I wanted for dinner.  But I finally ordered sauteed yellowtail with spinach and potatoes.  The waitress was friendly but I could immediately tell that she was overwhelmed by the large crowd.  That observation was confirmed by the amount of time I had to wait for my meal to arrive.  It was an hour from the time I ordered until my dinner appeared at the table.  The waitress did her best to put on a happy face but it was apparent that management was not able to keep up with the popularity of their establishment.

     The meal was excellent as was the dessert that I decided to have boxed to take with me.

Dinner at Salute!:  B+

No comments:

Post a Comment